After a very successful pilot programme in 18/19, EborHope Teaching Schools Alliance (EHTSA) has secured further funding from the Equality and Diversity Fund. This is to provide bespoke support for female teachers wanting to explore possible leadership pathways to take the next step in their career.
- Women’s Leadership Programme and Network – explore stage
This is to provide bespoke support for female teachers wanting to explore possible leadership pathways to take the next step in their career.
It is expected that recipients of the funding will be keen to explore wider professional development, additional responsibility and/or are looking to secure a leadership position, to support their career progression, over the next 12 months. This may be within their current role.
We are able to allocate £380 per participant to support individual action plans and to contribute towards cover costs to attend the network meetings. There are 28 funded places available.
– Meeting 1 – Friday 29th November 2019 – 1.15pm to 3.15pm
– Meeting 2 – Tuesday 3rd March 2020 – 1.15pm to 3.15pm
– Meetings 3 – Monday 15th June 2020 – 1.15pm to 3.15pm
- ‘Next Steps’ support for female teachers wanting to explore leadership pathways.
The evaluation feedback from our successful 18/19 Women’s Leadership Programme and Network identified a need to provide ‘the next step’ – more focused on the practical skills needed to secure a promotion. We also found that participants wanted an opportunity to explore their interests, skills, experience and knowledge in further detail to help them understand their professional motivations and drivers. Finding, building and boosting confidence in themselves and considering how to do this in new, unfamiliar situations (such as interviews) was also something that participants identified as an area for further support.
Session 1 – 5.12.19 (1-4pm): MBTI session 1 : Exploring the impact of your personality preferences on your resilience, decision making and energy. Developing self-awareness that might be crucial to self-directed change and learning.
Session 2 – 6.2.19 (1-4pm): Key speaker, workshop sessions on CV writing, preparing for interviews, interview questions, mock interviews.
Session 3 – 29.4.20 (1-4pm) : MBTI session 2 – Using your knowledge from Session 1 (personality preferences) and applying it to your leadership style. This session will develop your confidence, impact and presence in the workplace through showcasing your strengths and reflecting on potential pitfalls.
- Senior Leader Coaching Training
provide high quality, professional coaching training for 20 experienced female leaders. It will be focussed on:
- Providing highly impactful coaching training, revisiting the coaching principals of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)www.coachfederation.or.uk
- Refreshing existing skills and up-skilling leaders in their coaching
- Using the coaching principals more broadly in order to have transformational conversations
- Having a positive impact on the leadership development of women
- Empowering colleagues to apply for further responsibilities/leadership positions
- Providing support to enable colleagues to structure and establish coaching communities within their school
Participants should currently be involved in coaching in and/or outside their school.
Coaching will be provided by 3D coaching https://www.3dcoaching.com/
The programme will consist of:
- Coaching training session 1 – 14.11.19 – Full day of training 1, run by Claire Pedrick Founder, 3D coaching.
- Personal coaching via telephone from 3D Coaching. 2 x 30 minute sessions over the year. Organised to work flexibly with your school commitments.
- Coaching training session 2 – 7.7.20 – Full Day of training 2, run by Claire Pedrick Founder, 3D coaching.